Moving can be overwhelming, and moving overseas adds another dimension to the moving process. At Turner Moving & Storage, we are committed to making your international move as simple and stress-free as possible. Sit back and relax while we handle the heavy lifting and logistics of your move.
Turner Moving & Storage has been in the moving and storage industry since 1949, so we know the ins and outs of moving for all distances. We’re family-owned and operated, and we believe in constant communication with you during the moving process so you will know where your items are.
International Moving Services
Hundreds of millions of people move internationally each year, and the numbers continue to grow over time. At Turner Moving & Storage, we have an experienced team of agents worldwide prepared to help you be another international moving success.
Some of the services we offer at Turner Moving & Storage include:
- Packing and unpacking services
- 900 agents worldwide
- Designated moving coordinator
- Packing supplies
- Extra padding and protection for your items
International Moving Process
As you prepare to move out of the country, be sure that all of the logistics you need for traveling and crossing the border are taken care of. This includes:
- Passport and other forms of ID. Make sure all of your documents are up-to-date and valid.
- Visa. Are you required to have a visa for the country to which you are moving? Be sure to request a visa in advance.
- Immunization records. Have a copy of your updated immunization records and yellow card to show if necessary when crossing borders.
When you have all of your paperwork in order, follow these international moving tips to ensure a smooth transition to your new location:
- Appoint a trusted friend or family member in your current country to assist with the transition. This person will be your main point of contact in case you have lost mail and can help manage bills that were forgotten or missed at your previous location.
- Arrange to have utilities set up before you arrive at the new house, and cancel utilities at the old one. This will save time and energy after a long journey to your new home.
- Change your address. Contact your bank, Secretary of State and any memberships or accounts that have your address. It’s best to get a head start on redirecting your mail to avoid items getting lost or bills getting missed.
- Keep all sensitive documents with you, like passports, birth certificates, marriage licenses, etc. Have a safe and secure carrier for all of your documents that is easily carried on your person during the moving process.
Moving international with Turner Moving & Storage
Are you ready to start the international moving process?
Turner Moving & Storage has over 70 years of moving experience and is available to give you the time and assistance you need for a smooth transition. Moving around the globe can be intimidating and nerve-racking, but our experienced team of moving professionals can ensure you have the most enjoyable moving experience possible.
Give us a call at (707) 255-8600 or fill out our estimate form to begin taking steps toward completing your international move.